Sunday, March 23, 2014

Owl-less In One Derland


Well, hello everyone! Spring is here, eh?

Dave the Angsty has been put away, along with Old Man Winter. Dave the Goof is back on display, for your enjoyment. Let the inanities begin!

Cool... "inanities" is a word... wasn't sure it would fly, but hey, no red squiggly line underneath it, so I press on, undaunted!

First off, a man performing magic tricks on sweet little doggies...



Who says you can't... uh... trick an old dog with... new tricks...?

Actually, that's a bit cruel, don't you think? Looked like the Rottweiler was about to go for his throat, lol...

So, what's the latest, you may ask?

Watched a movie today, called The Grand Budapest Hotel, with a couple friends from acting class. It's directed by Wes Anderson, and has his trademark look and feel, with quirky characters a'plenty... but, frankly, it was a little boring. From a craft standpoint, as far as the film-making itself, it was very well done, and visually stimulating... and stuff was happening, it wasn't all dialog... but still, I watched the end credits wondering "what just happened?" Maybe it was because I was the one that picked the movie, so I wanted it to be excellent, so that the friends that came would be glad they came, and not feeling like they wasted a couple hours...

Anyway, the cast was solid, there was some great dialog, and the visuals were great. I guess that's good enough, eh? Not sure if I'd ever watch it again, though...

Man, I haven't been to the theater in forever...

OK, here's a song for you to ignore... actually, I'm hoping you'll listen to it. It's called Marlene Dietrich's Favorite Poem, by Peter Murphy. A haunting, beautiful, moody piece. Reminds me of high school...



I've been to remarkably few concerts in my day, not being one of a particularly social bent... but my friend Jason and I did go see Peter Murphy when we were in high school. We stayed about half-way through, and then we left. My problem with it wasn't the music... I like to sit down and enjoy the show... but everyone else was standing on their chairs... so from my seated position, all I could see were the fannies of the people in front of me, as they strained to see what was happening on stage.

Needless to say, that got old fast.

My friend Jason agreed to leave, but for a diametrically opposite reason. He claimed he saw demons swirling around inside the place... not sure what that was all about, but hey, it gave us a reason to skedaddle... I didn't see no demons... just fannies...


I've got rubber bands in my face now... last trip to the ortho, he gave me rubber bands to stretch across my teeth in a certain orientation, supposedly pulling my teeth into a more proper position... I can only assume it's working... it's sure weird, having to put them in and take them out... man, it's getting to where I can't wait for these braces to come off... and I realize, I'm kind of a pansy about it... I mean, I've only had them in for a year or so, and have another half-year to go (give or take), and other people I know had to wear them three, four years... sheesh.

I'm sure it will be worth it. My theory is, the straighter my teeth are, the more my wife will love me. So I've got that going for me... which is nice...

And now, one more video... it's a classic from Improv Everywhere... I give you, Where's Rob?



Come on, admit it... that's great...

Did you admit it? I don't know, I couldn't hear you... over the sound of how AWESOME I AM!!!

OK, fine, I'm not awesome.... but someday I hope to be... someday...

Gotta go. It's about 2am, and I'm spent. I need to either go to sleep, or power down some coffee and stay up all night, playing Minecraft... if I pulled an all-nighter, then tomorrow I would, like a horse in a field, be unstable...



I choose sleep.

Adios for now,

Dave the Blogging Blogger-Type Dude

No comments: