Wednesday, October 16, 2013

And Now, A Quick Transition!


Hello again... unless you're a first timer.... if so, to you I say... what took you so long?!?!?

Well, today was the day... I got the call from the agency today... I'm meeting with them this Friday to discuss the possibility of representation. I am at once giddy with excitement and a bit unnerved. I need to have a monologue ready - something film/TV appropriate, he said. I'll probably go with the Dead Poet's Society piece again, though I'm going to prepare a few... dust off a couple old ones. Also, practice my accents and character voices, in case the topic of voice work comes up...

Man, a lot of time between now and Friday to get nice and nervous, lol...


That's really the main reason I hopped on here tonight... I feel like I'm running out of things to say in my old age! I mean, I'm more than half-way to 80! No wonder I'm so tired! Well, that and staying up til 2am just about every night...

I did watch a great movie tonight, called Chronicle. It's a "found footage" type movie (like Cloverfield, in a way), and was really well done. Sort of a superheroism-in-real-life study, where three high school guys (a popular jock, a stand-offish intellectual, and a bullied nerd) each stumble upon something that changes them, giving them telekinesis. It's interesting to see how it changes each of them. It's very cool, if you ever happen upon it and want something fun to watch. Very creative.

A quick musical interlude, eh....



Here's another cool video I've seen lately...



Let's see... what else? Nothing else! I'm off to bed.

Squish me luck,

Dave the Transitioning...

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Whoo hoo! Yay! (jumps up and down and claps hands) I've been following on my phone but it won't let me leave comments. I am so excited for you! Now even more people will see how talented you are. Have a wonderful day.

And don't be nervous. This is your time to shine :)

Abbie Josephsen said...

So happy for you Dave :) and super excited!!! YAY!!! You'll do great, just like you did for the first audition!

logankstewart said...

Congratulations, dude. And best of luck.

I watched Chronicle several months ago, and for days after watching it I kept thinking about the movie. There were some unexplained things, but dang it was a excellent (and moving!) little film. And for the most part it worked well with the first person POV, too. I may have to revisit this one, see if I pick up on anything I missed the first time around.

David Wagner said...

I'm so stoked - trying not to be nervous. I'll obviously let everyone know how it goes in my next post.

By the way, that competitive eating documentary is finally releasing. I'll update everyone on that as well!

Claudette H Wood said...

can't wait to hear how this goes! please keep us up to date. break a leg!