Monday, March 18, 2013

Black Licorice? Why, Yes, Thank You!


Man, what a dreamy photo...

Hello everyone! Can you hear me in the back? You good? Need anything? Have enough snacks?

OK, good.

Welcome to blog tonight. As you can see, I've redecorated the meeting hall a bit. The purple velvet drapes are new, and the cubist ceiling mural is finally finished. I trust you all like zebra-unicorns? Good.

Say hello to my new business partner, Spiro....


Spiro is not amused by the cubist zerbacorn mural... but, hey, he keeps the lights and the heat on in the blog here, so he does have some say in the content.

And Spiro wants a comic strip now...


Ah, yes... such refined taste and impeccable humor, Spiro... (eyeroll)...

OK, so what's the latest, you ask? Well, I posted my brother's WRX on Craig's List, and have received several inquiries about it in the first 24hours. Nothing concrete yet, but it looks like it won't be long until it sells.  That will be a happy day.

Also, I'll be flying up to see my dad in Oregon in April. He's decided to move back down to San Diego, so I'll be flying up and driving back here with him. Some quality father/son time, I hope.

Working on the Easter program for the church I attend, which is sort of a variation of the "Stations of the Cross", acted out on stage in a series of "snapshots", using live actors, etc. Yeah, hard to explain, but today's practice was awesome. I think it's going to be terrific. If I can get a decent video of it, I'll post it up here, for your viewing pleasure.

And also, I've started taking acting classes again. Found a place not far from where I work that is a nice set-up. I sat in on an "advanced class" last Thursday night and liked what I saw. Nice space, the instructor knows his stuff, the students seem eager (though they're all late-teens/early 20's), and best of all, it isn't Method Acting-based! YAAYY!! No relaxation exercises or "sense memory" exercises! So, yeah, I'm going to sign up and start attending. The focus will be monologues this next class, so I'm going to dust off an old monologue from The Glass Menagerie, and give it a shot. Though I'm dying to try the monologue I pulled from Virtues of War... maybe next time...


Sorry, Spiro wanted another comic strip... see, if you guys would put more $ into the bucket by the front door, I wouldn't need a business partner! Then I could avoid having to post low-end comics like these...

So tax day approaches. I officially had my initial meeting with my Tax Guy... I threw all of my forms, receipts and other documents at him and ran from the office, screaming and wetting myself. I was able to make some estimated payments throughout the year... let's hope it made a big enough dent in what I'll owe, so I don't get flattened again this year... notice I said "let's hope"... see, I somehow involved you in my taxes! Isn't that nice of me!? So, can you add still more to the bucket by the door on your way out? Thanks...

What am I reading, you ask? Well, I've made a good dent in The Spirit Rebellion, which is Rachel Aaron's second Eli Monpress novel. A good, solid, enjoyable tale thus far. When I finish it, why, you bet you can expect a review! If any of you decide to read The Spirit Thief, let me know what you think of it...


Samurai Cat approves. We'll see what Spiro thinks of Samurai Cat... this could be interesting...

OK, that's it for now. I hope your week is a good one.

Adios for now,

Dave (and Spiro)

2 comments:

Abbie Josephsen said...

yes, please post the Easter production! Sad to miss it... lol, the LOTR comic was awesome :)

David Wagner said...

Glad you liked the comic... I like silly stuff like that...

If I get a good Easter grab, I'll make sure you see it.

Thanks, Abs!