Tuesday, March 20, 2012

"Fear of Death Increases in Exact Proportion to Increase in Wealth." -- Ernest Hemingway


Ah, the house of the setting sun... or something like that... Is that east or west, I wonder? Quick, are you a "sunset" person or a "sunrise" person?

Greetings to all you wonderful, beautiful people out there! And, what the heck, hello to the homely ones, too...

First, the good news... yes, I bought Oscar on DVD, and we watched it tonight, and it's terrific. I've seen that movie a hundred or more times, and it gets me every time...



If you've never seen that movie, trust me on this one, it's one of the greatest comedy scripts ever. Don't let the fact that it stars Stallone throw you. He nails it, and the all-star cast is terrific, across the board. So many great scenes, plot twists and clever lines of dialog, you'll have to watch it repeatedly to catch it all.

There, I'm done with that commercial.

Speaking of films, we've got our location for the film shoot for this week. We're filming the Easter film (the one about Lazarus) on Wednesday and Thursday night. I can't wait. I went over to T.'s house tonight and we got costuming straightened away, set up the lights, sound and camera equipment, and did some test shots. We'll be set. We're filming at a law firm in Miramar that agreed to let us film there after hours. I'm excited, since it's my first legitimate film shoot. I can't wait.

Of course, once it's finished and ready for prime time, I'll post it up here for y'all to see, if it's OK with T., that is... if not, you'll have to pirate a black-market copy, or else wait a couple decades for my "Best Of" DVD library to come out, with this film on one of the discs as a hidden Easter egg... (get it? Cuz it's an Easter film... get it???!?!?!)

I'm glad we did some test shots tonight, since it gave me a chance to see how I do on film... let's just say, I was way too jumpy and fidgety... I'm going to have to remember to mellow out and keep my eyes from darting around so much.

Yeah, like I'm sure you needed to know that. Sheesh!


Uh oh... those honey badgers are baaaaad news... doesn't look good for Pooh...

Well, speaking of video links, click here to see a man destroy a new iPad3 with random guns/ammo. And click here to see a gadget in action that I hope to someday use to make a movie (it's an HD video camera mounted on a remote controlled helicopter - trust me, the results are amazing...)

And click the following photo to see a gallery of the most incredible ant-related pictures ever put to film, by photographer Andrey Pavlov...


By the way, you really need to go see those ant photographs... just saying...

So I'm reading a book called Run by an author named Blake Crouch, which is a fresh take on the ol' "zombie apocalypse-slash-survival" genre. Expect a review soon - it might be worth your time if you dig "end of the world" type stuff...

I'm trying to think of a nice personal anecdote to share, but I can't... only because I have one huge piece of personal info which I can't share yet, which is sort of eclipsing my mind at the moment, preventing me from waxing as random as I'd like to right now. Let's just say, as soon as things solidify, I'll spill it and you can all be shocked with me...

Until that day, here, watch these Japanese dancers do a crazy synchronized dance to some techno music, in the dark, wearing only LED light suits... yeah, sounds odd, but, again, you need to trust me on this one. For best results, start the video, then switch it to 720dpi (by clicking that little gear icon that will appear after you start the video) and hit the full-screen icon.



See? Told you that was awesome.

And finally, a funny T-shirt that would have been more funny about 4 years ago...


If you don't get it, sorry. I'm tired. I'll try again soon... if you do get it, well then, geee, ain't I funneh?

Yeah, didn't think so.

Adios for now,

Dave the Gollywomper

PS By the way, the movie quote about being in the depths of despair (from the previous post) was from the movie Anne of Green Gables. And the line that followed it was "No. To despair is to turn your back on God." No one wins the prize! Which is a good thing, I suppose, since the prize was a big, sloppy smooch...

3 comments:

Abbie Josephsen said...

ahh, so glad to hear we have a location!!!! yayerz :D
I like the ant pic too!!!

Anonymous said...

I love good news - can't wait to hear yours!

I don't know how you and Logan find the time to read so many books, and then write a review. You must have more hours in the day than I.....

Beth

Unknown said...

I believe I am a sunset person, although the reality is I am never up early to enough to catch the sun rising. However, the few times I did watch the dawn break, it was magical.

I love the Tron dance. And yep, Groverfield, Cloverfield...cute.