Sunday, December 6, 2009

You Watch Your Phraseology!



The steam distracts a bit in that pic, but I'm blown away by the glacier in the background...

Man, another week flew by, leaving the odor of wheels spun fruitlessly in vain endeavors, mingled with the sweet scent of projects actually completed, and the faint whiff of missed opportunities. Frankly, the mixture is making me mildly nauseous... then again, that might just be the dinner I made for myself after church tonight... still stringing out the leftover turkey and ham from Thanksgiving... probably about time to retire what's left of the leftovers...

So I went to check the mail Saturday, and in place of the mail was a slip from the post office, letting us know that the box was too full to fit anymore mail, so they took it all back, telling us we had 10 days to pick it up from the post office in town or they'll dispose of it. Get this: the note was dated 12/2! Saturday was 12/5! It was too full on the 2nd! That means we hadn't checked the mail for a full week at least! What the heck! We usually check it every day (like normal people), but it seems with the holiday and the intense shopping after Thanksgiving, everyone sort of thought that someone else was getting the mail... we usually compete to see who gets to check it for the day.

Anyways, now we are Mail Slackers. Gonna drop by on Monday and grab up all our mail, and bow and scrape to whomever I need to to get them to bring us our mail again...

Wow. That might be the most boring, uninteresting thing I've ever written in my blog. And you were here! Don't you feel special?

Hey, wake up!

Here's a link to a gallery with a few dozen cool pics of wall graffiti. Although technically I think some of them should be categorized as murals rather than graffiti, since they are too detailed and were obviously done by permission. Still, some of them are pretty cool...






I've discovered something... now that the pressure's off, as far as hitting 50K words in November, etc., I now need to make sure I power down my gaming rig (aka "Crown Stealer") if I want to have any hope of writing productively. With the gaming rig on, it's far too easy to load up Left 4 Dead, to save the world a little bit from the zombie hoards... "just one quick level" turns into 2 or 3 or more, depending on if I succumb to the onslaught or not... and before I know it, my writing window is closed... yeah, I'm lame like that...

Well, another week begins. With any luck, I'll make great progress on many fronts, personal and professional, and next Sunday will end with a different mixture of residual smells.

Until tomorrow, remember, it's Capulets like you who make blood in the marketplace, ye gads!

4 comments:

Krista said...

Man, that art graffiti is just awesome. Love it.

Still eating Thanksgiving food whoa that's gross... lol!

Good luck with the novel! Just keep trucking along or the opportunity may pass you by :)
----------------

P.S. Wanna hear an awesome Christmas story I heard from a friend that brightened my day? Okay, cool! lol.

Quoting her exact words she said, "I experienced an amazing thing today. I was in walmart and this little boy walked up to me and handed me a gift card and said, "Here, you can have this." His parents had bought all their kids (about 4 or 5) $10 gift cards to give to whoever they wanted. He picked me. Why?!? When they left he said, "Merry Christmas.""

How wonderful! Made me feel all wonderful inside when I heard it! Christ will forever be in Christmas. :)

All the best and Merry Christmas, Dave!!!

Abbie said...

aww, good story Krista! Thats awesome :)

Dave, that third mural was awesome! she looks so real...
Your new deadline should be to finish the book by Dec 31st so that you have new years presents for all your faithful blog followers :D yay!!!

David Wagner said...

Cool story, Krista... now you can buy me a gift! Right on!

Abbie, I'll see if I can get the first half in good enough shape to present at the end of December... but no guarantees!

Abbie said...

Okay, sounds like a good plan :)