Saturday, October 10, 2009

This is a Red Wine Glass. Can I Have My Water in a Water Glass?



Are you sure today was Saturday? Are you quite sure? You are? Well, fair enough then. You know how much I trust you. I shall proceed as if I had good sense.

There was this one time, I believe it was a Saturday, much like today in fact, that my wife cooked me a nice, safe breakfast, I poured myself an energy drink on crushed ice, and then went into the rug shop to take care of a few things that couldn't wait until the following Wednesday. And on that particular day (a day much like today), I discharged my duties with admirable aplomb, stopped off for a quick bite to eat, chose Starbucks over yogurt due to convenience of access, went home, worked on Wagnervana, watched The Dresser again (loving it again), got a haircut, and blogged. Ah, those were the days... those days like today, but not exactly like today, for today... was... different.

Different, in that I did all that, plus grinned inwardly with anticipation of reading Hero of Ages well into the night, with the accompanying intention of regretting said late night once 8am Sunday rolled around and it was time to arise for Church, capital C.

The other night, I posted some pics of a Sony prototype laptop that employs the OLED technology. As impressive as that was, wait until you see this...the rolltop laptop:



WOW. That's all I have to say... and I don't mean the WOW of Leeroy Jenkins fame. I haven't been that geeked out by a gadget since I got my first iPod back in '04. Still have that iPod, by the way. That's a gift idea, right there... Christmas is coming soon (Christmas means carnage!), so I suppose it would make sense for you all to pool your resources and buy me a nice gift! Well, there's the usual things: flowers, chocolates, promises you don't intend to keep... or maybe a new iPod, or one of those rolltop laptop computers. Or, like, a new car. Here's something new from Nissan... with all due respect to Star Wars, here's The Nissan Land Glider!




It's a little one-seater, zero-emissions electric death-trap for city dwellers only. Basically, it's a 4 wheel segue with a hardtop. Cooool. If I had one of these, the force would definitely be with me.  But not the G-Force, since the thing looks like it doesn't get up over 35mph... it does lean into corners, though... here, check this video out...



I can't look... could somebody please cover my eyes? Check out this article for more pics and less sarcasm. Any other choice phrases you'd like to teach our five year old?

In Zombie-Related News, Logan posted a review of Zombieland over on his blog. Go read it already! Sheesh! Also, Monday, I should be receiving 28 Days Later from Netflix. Supposed to be good. And finally, I realized I've been accumulating "Thank You Points" from Citibank, which I never looked into, thinking it must be a scam of some kind. You know how anti-corporate I am (cue the eye-roll), but I went to their site anyway to check it out. Turns out I had accumulated enough "Thank You Points" to get a free copy of Left For Dead: Game of the Year Edition! Yay me! It's a 4 person Co-op zombie shooter I've had my eye on since it released last year! It shipped today, and didn't cost me a dime! Another game I can put on my shelf to age indefinitely! Citibank FTW!

Somebody made a MOD for Left For Dead that swapped out most of the zombies for teletubbies...



Well, that will have them rolling in the aisles... shows a twisted imagination, anyway. Speaking of twisted imaginations, here's a White Ninja comic for you to roll your eyes over... you're obviously going through some adolescent phase...



The best thing you have going for you is your willingness to humiliate yourself.

In other Mushroom-Related News, the time has come to give in to popular demand and finally post that timelapse video of molds and mushrooms that you've all been begging me to post...



Man, you guys are so demanding, with your fungus fettish. Good thing I'm such a fun guy! BUAHAHAHAH!!!! *cough* *cough* *cough*. Man... don't make me laugh that hard please... hurts my tailbone... on second thought... if it amuses you, then do it. Those stinkhorn mushrooms are eaten over in China... learned that from my man Andrew Zimmern...

Man... 4 videos today already... guess I'll save the funny clips for another day. Got church tomorrow... it will be Sunday, you know! In fact, it probably is Sunday as you're reading this! Don't worry, I'll tell Jesus you said hello... He and I are like *that* (Dave crosses his fingers). Good luck with the Movie Quote theme tonight... You'll never get it! MUAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Gonna go read now. Until tomorrow, remember, my dad just showed me the whole kingdom... and I'm gonna rule it all!


12 comments:

mariposa said...

Interesting blog! I love the scenic picture - although the car pics are pretty cool too :)

Krista said...

YAY! More quotes!

"This is a Red Wine Glass. Can I Have My Water in a Water Glass?" -- The Player

"Any other choice phrases you'd like to teach our five year old?"-- Mrs. Doubtfire

"Well, that will have them rolling in the aisles" --Shakespeare in Love

-------------------

Great video clips, Dave!

Cool Car and Computer! Will see about that christmas gift........;)

Glad your excited about reading Sanderson. Looking forward to that review!

Zombies are definitely something to talk about.

White ninja is always cool.

I love mushrooms..Yummy! But that video is kind of gross. LOL!

Stay cool.

David Wagner said...

Thanks for stopping by, Mari.

15 points for Krista! w00t w00t! Review of Sanderson maybe tomorrow... I'll finish up today or tonight, almost done. Terrific book, can't wait to see how it ends...

Abbie said...

I'll get the easiest one for sure :)
my dad just showed me the whole kingdom... and I'm gonna rule it all = Lion King!! yay :)

The best thing you have going for you is your willingness to humiliate yourself = As Good as it Gets

you're obviously going through some adolescent phase = Evita

Abbie said...

is the theme that each one of them was released in the 90's, and you have them going in sequential year, like 92, 93, 94, 95 etc?

Speaking of the theme, how many tries do we get to guess it? lol :)

David Wagner said...

You can guess at the theme as many times as you want! While your guess is not the theme, perhaps it is a clue to the theme... MUAHAHAHA!!!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

I love the Rolltop Laptop. Wow! Cool! Can I get one? Probably couldn't afford it but... way cool!

I made it to Logans review of Zombieland earlier. It looks way cool. Now all we have to do is dump the kid somewhere to go see it. lol.

I do hope you are enjoying Hero of Ages. I know I really enjoyed the whole trilogy. Great reads.

Crystal said...

"Well, there's the usual things: flowers, chocolates, promises you don't intend to keep... " - Beauty and the Beast

"I can't look... could somebody please cover my eyes?" Toy Story 2

David Wagner said...

10 points for Crystal!

Melissa, you weren't kidding; Sanderson wrote a terrific series.

David Wagner said...

By the way, the theme for this thread was "winners of Golden Globe Best Pic for Musical or Comedy, in the decade of the nineties..."

I'll find a good balance on theme difficulty someday, I hope...

Anonymous said...

haha, wow, yeah, i never would have figured that one out :) lol, good job dave!

Abbie said...

oopps, I was Ann today :P