Friday, October 30, 2009

Midnight, End of the World, Remember?



"Peanut Butter" or "I'm exhausted and have nothing to write about tonight," you decide...

I give you a hint... we're out of peanut butter. That can only mean one thing... this will be one of the most pathetic posts of the year, as I search desperately for enough semi-intriguing content to wedge a few movie quotes into, tuck my tail, and run away like the simpering pinhead that I am...

Well, here goes...

Christmas Script: The meeting tonight at church was productive. Liz had the "winning" idea, which has a lot going for it. It's simple, has few actors (6, to be exact), it's a good concept, and can easily be produced in the 7 weeks we have left. Sandi had a terrific idea that is much more elaborate, and will be modified for Easter, to give it the rehearsal time it will need. So we have Christmas and Easter both rolling! Yayzers!

Wow, that was dull... better sadly turn to an over-used standby and hope it's effective... A Funny Picture! Everyone loves a Funny Picture! Right?



Time to fire the contractor for the bathroom remodel... you know, it just occurred to me that we really haven't had a successful test of this equipment...

I'm getting a little angsty about the Novel I'm mere hours away from starting... I keep making rather substantial modifications... the good part is, I think the modifications to the plot are actually big steps in the right direction. The problem is, that feeling I get in my stomach that there are now conflicts I have yet to see as a result of the changes... I've put so much thought into the storyline(s) that I'm unsure the effects rather sizable changes will have as it ripples down the length of the story. Obviously, I can't go into details, without laying out so much text your head would spin. I guess in times like these, I'd love to have someone familiar with the project to bounce suggestions off of...

Well, ready or not, I'm going to go for it. The reason I'm nervous is that if I write myself into a corner, I'm not sure I'll have the patience to stop and find a way through. Ah, well, into the breech, I guess...

Dang, better throw a Funny T-shirt in here, to try and salvage things again...



Ugh. Deliver me from L.L. Bean. Well, there's nothing like a small truth printed large and loud, eh? It is truth, but truth is not always appearance. Speaking of NYC, I watched some of the Yankee/Philly game on Thursday - don't know who won, or even if they played again Friday (or had a travel day). You'd think someone that played 9 years of baseball growing up would have a better idea of what's going on in the MLB at the moment, but really, it's far from me. Same with football... If I stumble across a game on TV (on the rare occasion that I actually watch TV, that is...) I'll watch for a while. But I don't really have a "team" in any sport anymore... I don't care who's playing, if it's a good game, I will enjoy it and then never give it a thought again. Again, if you knew how obsessed I used to be about the Padres & Chargers (and baseball/football in general), that might seem like more of a substantial confession...

Dang, I better find a funny video...

                                                                                           
Man, look at what I'm reduced to... it's funny, but depressing... well, there are other videos I would like to post, but they are ruined with a mumbled (or screamed) profanity, and I won't subject your pure brains to such an assault. One clip has a kid hitting a basketball with a baseball bat about the length of a full court, and sinking the shot. Amazing, but ruined with a profane exclamation. Another had a scene from Pulp Fiction that someone added a laugh track to. Very funny, but F-heavy. Another is a tree that leans into a powerline in a heavy wind, catches fire, and ends up exploding, knocking out power to the neighborhood. Awesome clip, but the crowd watching it was not a church youth group, if you catch my drift... Ah, well...

And for all these reasons, I have decided to scalp you and burn your village to the ground...

I waited too long to figure out the costume I'm going to wear for Maggbert's party on Saturday. So I'm forced to wear the easiest costume I can find. Yep, I'm dressing as Lady Godiva. Here, lemme get my horse...



Everyone keeps asking where he bought his costume...

And with that sorry fizzle, I am out. I need sleep. Good luck, Bob and Krista. Let me remind you - even though you are reading this on Oct 31, this is technically the October 30th post. Which means there will be one more post after this one to grab quotes from. I hate to draw out the tension, but rules is rules...

Until tomorrow, remember, you're nuts if you think kidnapping me is going to help you cheat your way to the top...

PS Yay! My copy of Borderlands shipped today! I'm reading awesome things about it online...

16 comments:

Bob said...

Greetings!!!

I shall begin with the quote from the title, which comes from The Monster Sqaud.

Bob said...

Secondly, the quote "you know, it just occurred to me that we really haven't had a successful test of this equipment" comes from Ghost Busters.

Bob said...

Finally, the quote "And for all these reasons, I have decided to scalp you and burn your village to the ground" comes from The Addams Family.

Have a great day everyone and happy Halloween!

Krista said...

"Everyone keeps asking where he bought his costume"-- The Adams Family

"you're nuts if you think kidnapping me is going to help you cheat your way to the top..." Monsters, Inc.

"Ugh.Deliver me from L.L. Bean."--
Beetle Juice

I wish you all the luck you may need for your novel!

Happy Halloween everyone and remember to have fun and don't eat too much candy!!! :)

logankstewart said...

That mobile home bit was pretty funny, if only because the guy said "I don't care." Plus, the ending looked like some survivors of a plague or something. Funny, though.

David Wagner said...

15 points for Bob, 15 points for Krista! Dang... how "neck and neck" can you get? Good work.

Here's to a great day for all!

havah said...

I'm out of peanut butter too. :(

Glad the Christmas (and Easter!) script meeting went off well.

Hmm...anyone for a sizzling hot shower? :o

Don't stress so much about the novel! You have great ideas...just go with those. I mean, it's 30 whole days -- something's bound to change, so just let it flow. :D (Besides, it could be worse: you could be me!)

Ha! I need an "I can't afford GA" T-shirt. Now that's bad!

Oh, lots of umpire drama with the baseball, Dave. That's all I know.

*lol* Loved the cougar growl in that commercial. I had to check if it was a real business though and, lo and behold, there it is...in good old Alabama.

Ahem. You're going to need more than a horse to look like Lady Godiva, Dave. Good luck with that though. :D

Enjoy the party.

Bob said...

Here's 2 unclaimed quotes from october 1st :D

"your reputation for hospitality is fast becoming legend" = Troy

""You have no idea how powerful madness can be" = In the Name of the King

Yes, i know... i have no life :D

David Wagner said...

Dang! Bob's diggin deep! 10 more points!

Nachocheese said...

yayers for borderlands!

Krista said...

Oh, well, since Bobo decided to grab some old quotes I guess I'll grab the theme(or try to at least).... is it Halloween related type movies? *shrug*

David Wagner said...

10 points for Krista! Keepin it close...

Peter S. said...

Hi, David! Who wrote Borderlands? Will you be writing a review of it anytime soon?

Judging from my inability to spot the movie quotes, I guess I have to watch more movies next year. Hehehe.

David Wagner said...

Sorry for the confusion, Peter. Borderlands is a game, not a book... I'll probably present some thoughts on it after I give it a good playing, but likely not a full-blown review...

As to the quotes, you don't have to know them by heart. The way it works is, if you think a line I write is actually a movie quote, copy it, drop it into Google, and usually the first item on the list is the IMDB page where I took the quote from. It's not cheating - I use Google and IMDB to find the quotes in the first place - my challenge is to try to blend them as seamlessly into my daily post as possible, to sneak them by unnoticed...

It's just a fun little game we play here... this month's contest is especially tight... how fun! MUAHAHAHA!!!!

havah said...

Get ready for NaNo, Dave!!

No pressure. :p

havah said...

btw...I blogged. Just saying.