Sunday, October 18, 2009

'End of the Week' Link Dump... Notify the Mayor...



Cool library building - not sure which city its in, but I thought you'd appreciate it.

Blogger has a new version of their editor now; one that allows for much larger pictures to be posted, which is wonderful, since now the landscape pics I post at the heading each day can be done better justice. Got some great ones lined up for the next couple weeks.

Mellow Sunday today... not much to report... Eldest Daughter was scheduled to work Saturday night from 7pm to 3:30 am... ouch. Well, I had to go get her when she was done. I normally stay up to around 2 am to 3am every night, so it didn't seem like too big a deal. But she ended up working an extra two hours (doing a 'floor set' for the retail outlet she works at in the mall), so I was up till 5:30 am! Which meant I was not going to be in any condition to go to church - I'd have gotten only 2 or 3 hours sleep... ain't happenin'...

So I skipped morning service and snoozed. Then watched football and more JFK stuff, grabbed lunch, farted around with the fam, and went to evening service. That's it. Uneventful, boring, dull, nothing fun or exciting to report. So I'll just have to post some pics of some cool Russian sand sculptures instead... click to enlarge...






Go HERE to see more.

Also, go HERE to view a slideshow of the 9 Weirdest-Looking Animals You Never Knew Existed.

And HERE is a link to pics of a cool Russian village that looks like it is from a fairy tale.




Yes, I know the pictures are processed and filtered in Photoshop! But yes, they are awesome! So go look at 'em already, sheesh!

And yes, I know you don't read this blog to see stuff like this. But, hey, like I said, it was an uneventful day today, so that usually means a link dump of stuff I hadn't been able to get to this past week or two! Like this picture of Logan...



Ok, that's not really Logan, I'm kidding. Hey, all Star Wars references need to be directed at someone, so why not Logan, eh?

I watched 28 Days Later last night, while waiting to go pick up Eldest from work. It had its moments, but ended up mostly mired in mediocrity. (Yay, alliteration!) Pretty much a letdown. Still haven't installed Left 4 Dead yet... and to round out my Zombie Reference Hat Trick, here's an awesome zombie T shirt that doubles as a costume...


Just pull it up over your head, and scare the bejeebus out of people! It's twice as scary if the person wearing it is, shall we say "out of shape"...

OK, enough random dumpage. I'm feeling a theological vent session coming soon, just as a word of warning. Made a large dent in A Shadow In Summer last night... kind of boring, actually. I'll stick it out, but it better get good, or I'm going to abandon the series. Lastly, yay Paula! Thanks for dropping by. and Havah, get better soon!

Sorry, I'm not feeling the movie quote thing today. More tomorrow...

Until then, here's to a great week!

11 comments:

Bob said...

VERY cool pics, dave.. except for that zombie T-shirt :D

That library is probably somewhere in USA right?

Have a good Monday, everyone!

Krista said...

oH, that library building is the coolest! You must let us know if you find out where it is! That'd be something amazing to see :)

Those animals really do look weird...CRAZY even...

Those huts and sand sculptures are awesome, too!

Oh, I hate the night shift what a bummer...

All the best, Dave!

Hey there, BOB, where ya been? Fishing... :D You have a wonderful day, too! :)

logankstewart said...

Awesome pictures of Russia. That village would be sweet to walk through. How weird would it be if that STAR WARS picture was actually me? I think the irony (and horror) would knock me off of my uncomfortable chair.

Bring on the theology, I say!

Bob said...

Weekends are my Dave-free days, Krista :P

I see you've been busy cathcing up... may the best MAN win ;)

Crystal said...

That library pic is awesome!

The Star Wars shirt is pretty cool. Now I know what to get my brother for Christmas...

Oh, and I second Logan; bring on the theology.

Krista said...

What? A Dave-FREE weekend! Who ever heard of such a thing? ;)

I believe you meant to say "may the best WOMAN win!" And just for that I'm stealin' quotes from a couple days ago! :) As Dave would say, MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

LOL! Have a great day, BOB! :)

Bob said...

It would be an honor to lose against thee, fair maiden ;)

David Wagner said...

Hooray! 500 points for everyone! HOORAAAYYY!!!

OK, fine, I won't give everyone 500 points, fine... fine...

That does it... here comes the theology... MUAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Sodi said...

I just love that library pic so much more because it has Lord of the Rings in it.

The Jedi shirt is sweet.

Krista said...

Hey, Dave!

I just wanted to stop by and give you two things to check out on Ken Scholes as he is an awesome writer, and just in case you were interested in checking his work out...

Anyway, here is a link to an interveiw with Ken Scholes; http://us.macmillan.com/lamentation

And here is a link to a short story you can either listen to, read, or both (as I did :D ) by Ken Scholes called A Weeping Czar Beholds the Fallen Moon- a story that Ken says ties in to Canticle(2nd book)and if you enjoy it, then I believe you will enjoy his novels...
http://bit.ly/O2rs0

Well, I hope you enjoy that short story as much as I did! Oh, and the Illustration is awesome, too!

logankstewart said...

I agree with Krista. I listened to the short story and thought the idea and writing was pretty cool (cool enough to add to my desire to read Lamentation). Check it out and you'll like it. Listening to the story took only an hour or so.