Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I Know What You Would Say, and it Would Seem Like Wisdom, but for the Warning in My Heart.


"Disgusting" or "discussed Sting", which one?

Of course, I could mean "Sting," the famous one-named singer or "Sting," Bilbo's magical orc-sensing blade... Although I *think* that the singer also glows blue when orcs are near, but I'm not positive...

I watched a trailer just now for a movie that left me speechless. It's called Legion and if you haven't heard of it, you will be hearing of it soon, likely from pulpits across America as an example of how low and Godless our society has fallen. You'll likely hear the phrase "...in a handbasket" sprinkled in there as well. I will not post the trailer here, but I will give you a summary of the unbelievable - nay stupefying - premise...

God has had enough of mankind's BS, so He's preparing to destroy the earth and all of mankind. Michael the Archangel decides he better do something to stop God and see if he can save mankind from His wrath. Michael rebels against God, renounces his allegiance to God, comes to the earth, and finds a pregnant woman who apparently carries within her womb the "last chance for mankind"... The angry God in Heaven sends Gabriel and the hosts of angels that used to serve under Michael down to battle him and kill him, and the pregnant lady, so that God can continue His plan to destroy the earth.

O_O

-_- *blink*

O_O

Are you kidding me?

God is the Supreme Villain. Michael is the hero. He is the hero for deciding to rebel against God, and actively resist him. It is not veiled or hidden at all that these are the very God, Michael, and Gabriel from the Bible. This is not just denying God and the Scripture, it is purposely taking it and, no, not even throwing it in the trash. It is turning it on it's head, for the express purpose of... what? I'm kind of without words. I used to think I was beyond being shocked by anything Hollywood sinks to, but I have to admit, the blatant, in-your-face nature of this film has really stunned me - the audacity of it.

Again, I'm sure when this film hits the theaters, there will be an uproar like no other. Here's a link to the trailer, if you have the stomach. Beware, it is the "red band" trailer, which means it has profanity and gruesomeness in it. I'd recommend against it.

Shifting gears...

lol, sorry, I'm just so taken-aback by the sheer audacity of that... perhaps I should have slept on it a day before mentioning it here. Lemme try again to shift gears...

In a strange case of serendipity, you'll never guess who the special guest was on The Daily Show last night, talking about his book. Yep, the very same Christopher McDougall that I mentioned in yesterday's post, talking about Born To Run. Isn't that wild? What are the odds of that?

I better hit up a Funny Picture of the Day:

I saw this ad on the back cover of the latest Game Informer magazine, and I had a good laugh at it. How clever is that? Every now and then I'll see something and think, "I wish I had done that." That would be a great one for the ol' portfolio.

Well, I thought it was funny... guess I better toss in a comic or two... here's one from Cyanide and Happiness... (click to enlarge)...


And here's a random, one-panel comic from a strip about chickens called Savage Chickens...


That one has some pretty funny ones, but some are off-color, like everything in life, I suppose. Hard to imagine a comic about chickens being off-color, but this guy manages to pull it off now and again... draws the strip on a pad of post-it notes. Pretty low-maintenance.

Working on a third wallpaper in my series of Old School Skateboard Graphics Wallpapers. I posted the Lance Mountain WP in yesterday's post over at Wagnervana, if you want to take a peek. The one I'm tinkering with now is based on the classic Vision graphics for Mark Gonzales. When I get a good rough draft, I'll post it... you know, just in case one of you suddenly becomes a fan of old-school skateboarding... hey, you never know!

Had a great game of Facebook Scrabble with Abbie, and she just about beat me. Nothing like a great game of Scrabble. She'll beat me soon, I'm sure. Havah, too. If any of y'all are on Facebook and you want to play some Scrabble, by all means, let's do it! I'm sure between Havah, Abbie and I, you'll find a great game in there somewhere...

Don't have any video's or trivia for you today. I do have another awesome monologue from The Virtues of War, but I'll post it over in the Director's Cut. In fact, I'm going to end this here. I hope today was a good one for all y'all. Until tomorrow, remember, I was there three thousand years ago. I was there the day the strength of men failed.

4 comments:

Bobinho said...

title is from the fellowship of the ring, mwahahahahah!!! :DD : D:D

give me points, dave!!!

we wants them :D

David Wagner said...

A thousand points for Bob! He is the Champion of the World! Hoo-RAH!

havah said...

I left my comments in the "other" place. Just so you know I didn't ditch you.:D

Abbie said...

bob!! you forgot the lotr quote at the end!! muahahahaha :D it is so fitting that you posted those quotes dave because last night (and some of this morning) shannon, yanni, jay, and I watched the extended version trilogy one after another!! well, i bailed after 2 but still, it was very fun :)

and, oh my goodness, anna and I watched the legion trailer, not together though and before you mentioned it here, and both of us were so disturbed!! i'm glad you spelled out the plot though, because I was confused during the preview :P but, we were thinking, what kind of angel looks like a freakin demon!! uggg, it was nasty...