Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Losing My Mind, One Belch at a Time...



"Garden of Eden" or "Guarding a Vegan", which one?

Quick post tonight, sorry, I'm in a whirlwind tonight. As usual, I got my priorities mixed up, as far as what screamingly-important project to get done first. I'm having to shift focus, and in my addled mental state, that always upsets the apple cart. And of course, I am having video conversion issues again.

Tech Rant coming, feel free to ignore.

Tech Rant: Is there any reason why iMovie shouldn't import flash video files like a normal, user-friendly piece of editing software should? Hmm? Just drag-n-drop import like any other file type (except wmv's of course)? And any reason why my flipping video converter can't seem to convert a flash video file into anything else that iMovie can use? Any reason why I can't perform a single, simple function of adding a pair of flash video files that are NECESSARY TO MY PROJECT THAT NEEDS TO BE DONE TONIGHT to the timeline so I can edit them into the clip, save it as a big quick time file and email it to Piranha tonight? ANY REASON WHY IT WON'T JUST WORK LIKE IT'S SUPPOSED TO!!!! >:O AAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

/me bangs head repeatedly on the desk.

End of Tech Rant.

It sometimes seems the more desperately I need to finish something, the more likely it will prove impossible to do, for reasons I cannot understand. I'd chew my own arm off in frustration if I didn't need it to drive my car tomorrow...

I tried to make some changes to the more permanent features of this blog. You'd think a professional graphic artist could figure out how to change the background color to something other than white, wouldn't you? Would have done it months ago if I knew. I found a place where you can downhload new "blog themes", but I'm kind of scared to try them out... what if it hoses my blog, and I can't "undo" it? I would weep softly into my warm root beer...

I added the YouTube clip of Noel playing How Great Thou Art to the right there, and just below it is a link to Abbie's video of Noel himself playing it at our church, if you want to watch the way it went down live.

I also added a Wagnervana Comic Archive, but the last few (the big ones) are showing up too small to read. I'll tinker with it tomorrow when I have more time.

I just tried installing Adobe Flash Player on my Mac... said it installed correctly. It won't play flash video files. I'm going to break something now...

Forget it... here's a cool picture instead.



EDIT: OK, I found a site called Movavi that is a free web-based video conversion service that seemed to provide a solution. It downloaded the file(s) straight from YouTube (the only place I could get them - I didn't have the originals), converted them to MPG4, let me download it directly to desktop, tossed it on a thumbdrive, moved it to my mac, imported just fine, and not I'm doing my final render. Of course, going through all those stages, the resolution is for crap, but that's the best I can do...

It's 2 am, and I still have a lot to do... do you pity me? Gonna bring in the dawn, I'm sure, by the time I get everything done I need to... I'd rather be reading, gaming or sleeping, but hey, what can you do, eh?

I found an old sketch book of mine from high-school with some pretty good pencil drawings in it. I think I'll scan some and pop them up here in the next couple days, just so you can take a look.

I may hop on again later if I need a break, and edit in more comments.

EDIT#2: It's 4 am... do you know where your graphic artist is? O_o

Made a mess of the video edit project. Feel like a complete tool. Got project #2 done, though (vendor directory). One more to go. Still running on adrenaline and residual Guava Rockstar from mid-morning. I have a full day at the rug shop planned for Thursday. Hope I can do it on little-to-no sleep.

Better toss in a funny video clip here, to end on a bit of levity.


Clumsy Best Man Ruins Wedding - Watch more Funny Videos

Until tomorrow, sing this with me, this is 40!

8 comments:

Dave-O said...

HAHAHAAHA well done sir, sounds like you had as good of a day as me LOL oh well, another dave another dollar :P keepem comein sir

marky said...

That was a brilliant video! I feel so sorry for the best man. The way they were looking at him at the end was priceless. Even the minister looked like he wanted to punch him!

Great interneting as always Sir.

Abbie said...

haha, nice.... that was funny! sorry your computers were working so red hot for you there...glad you got that one project done though!

David Wagner said...

Got all three projects done, actually... only took me until 5:30 am... up at 9. Officially in Zombie Mode.... braaaains! braaaiiinnsss!!!

Bob the Guilty Conscience said...

so when are you planning to do something for your health? :)

David Wagner said...

Well, I was thinking about taking up binge drinking... does that count?

Bob the Guilty Conscience said...

you have to do something for your legs, not just for your biceps :P

Abbie said...

Glad you got them all done! Congrats!