Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Well, There's No Time Like Depressant...



"Varicose" or "Very close," which one?

Chalk up another 24 hours for Tuesday... I wonder which day is winning?

Spent some time at the rug shop today - the promise of hijinx and hilarity went unfulfilled... The day started out good - I woke up to see that I was ok at the bank - my rent hadn't tried to post, which gave me today to cover it, which I did. Then I got home and saw that it did, in fact, try to post... now it's in limbo. There's enough fundage in there now to cover it... but will they, or will they return it, causing no end of problems and fees and heartache? THAT... is the question.

It gives me indigestion. My mom calls it "bankst", which I think is a pretty clever play on words...

It also gives me a spastic colon... she doesn't have a play on words for that one...

So, I'm bummed, but there's nothing I can do... nothing, except play games, eat junk food, stay up till 3am reading and wake up a zombie, that is! WOOHOO! Something I'm good at! YAY! Of course, I sprinkle in some actual work too... to assuage the guilt a bit...

"Assuage" is such a great word. And no, not just because it's an anagram for "sausage"...

Big Sister is coming into town tomorrow, for a week. We'll have some (hopefully intense and productive) meetings regarding all things "family business related". She's a smart one, that's for sure. We need to make some changes at the shop - just not really sure what those should be. Mom's pretty much tried everything, and my brain is not exactly wired for business, and everyone else seems to be wrestling with substantial (and legitimate, for the most part) personal issues that are getting in the way of productivity. I'm hoping Lisa brings her thinking cap and a fresh set of eyes.

My strengths are not in the realm of organizing and discipline and structure... my strengths include fart jokes, unrestrained daydreaming and the "video game stare". It's an unfortunate combination, really... I have quite an addictive personality, and it's hard for me to initiate substantial change. I'm glad I never really drank or did drugs - I think I have a personality that would get hooked hard.

Better steer the conversation out of this uncomfortable neighborhood. Guess I should hit todayve in history...

Todayve In History: April 8
------------------------------------
- April 8, 1973: Pablo Picasso died. (Insert your own witty quip here! How interractive!)

- April 8, 1879: Milk is sold in bottles for the first time. (It was an udder failure! YES! That wins the prize for the lamest, most predictable & unoriginal pun ever told! I wonder what the prize for that is?)

- April 8, 1946: The League of Nations assembles for the last time. (After that, they became the Justice League. Superman was the first President.)

Ouch, I'm still stinging from that reprehensible pun in the second item there... whew. If that one doesn't qualify me to become a grandpa, nothing will. And that first item, about Picasso, I couldn't think of anything worth typing in there, sorry -- and if I think a Superman reference is worth typing, then you KNOW the well was dry on Picasso...

Ah, well, I doubt you lost much love for me over it...

Better take the edge off with a mildly amusing picture...



Ahh! Much better! Except what's with the pasta? Anyone know what dish that is? Weird.

Made some more progress on The Chronicles of the Black Company last night. I like it, but it's a dark book, for sure. It has to do with a cut-throat mercenary army-for-hire that is tricked into accepting a commission from the Ultimate Bad Guy, as that guy wars against another Bad Guy. There aren't any good guys anywhere yet! Well, it's different, I'll give them that. It does have a WerePanther in it, which is unique... I guess werewolves are overdone...

Well, I better call it a day, then. Until tomorrow, remember, some people are going to leave a mark on this world... while others will leave a stain.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I believe it's a kind of carbonara dish. It's an Italian dish with pasta and eggs. That version however looks a tad on the unappetizing side.

I watch a lot of Food Network.