Saturday, March 28, 2009

Empty Crackers... Empty Crackers....



Slow, mellow, uneventful day today - in a way, that's just fine with me. The only real work I got done was editing the latest Piranha transcript. I farted around, played some Fallout 3, finished The Runaway Jury, didn't leave the house, actually. Not three feet away from where I sit, on the other side of my office window, there sits an out-of-control shrub, crying out for trimming. Perhaps Sunday afternoon...

The Grisham book finished solid. I'm glad I read it - don't know that I'd read it again any time soon, but there's no regret. It certainly kept me interested until the ending. In case you haven't read it, or haven't seen the film version, it involves a civil lawsuit against the tobacco industry, and basically boils down to how corrupt the legal system is, and how there are rules, and there are ways around the rules... and a heavy dose of anti-smoking preaching to boot. But it was well done.

Not sure what I'll read tonight - probably one of my BE2 "required reading" books.

Here's a cool little video of a bad day kayaking at sea...


In keeping with my mellow, lazy-day Saturday mood, I'm going to forego my This Dayve In History feature and just call it a day. Until tomorrow, remember, there's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

1 comment:

Abbie said...

haha, i like your ending line! :) ANd your video. and I'm glad you liked the book :)