Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Momma Told Me There'd Be Days Like This...

I guess I shouldn't complain that the days have been remarkably unremarkable of late. Normally, I wouldn't mind... it's just I feel I need to entertain my (mostly phantom) readers with wildly wonderful recaps of my crazy, fun-filled days... the only problem is, it was "just another day," comprised of some work, some music, some web-surfing, some forum-trolling, some lunch, some errands (Target, Starbucks, Jamba Juice, the Chiropractor, GameStop, etc), and some dozing.

I wonder when I'll get to the point where I set out to do something crazy during the day, just so I can blog about it with a clear conscience? "You won't believe what I actually did today! It was great!" I start writing the post in my head as it's happening, and course-correcting as things start to head toward boring... live life like I'm on stage, being watched!

Sounds like a one-way ticket to becoming neurotic...

Well, I can't drop another "Top 5" list on you again, so soon. It could traumatize you, and that's never good for an author to do to his reader(s). I could try another weak poem...

It's almost St. Bryan's Day. January 15th... at least that day, I'll definitely have something to talk about. He died Jan 15, 2000. Almost a decade, man... I can remember it like it just happened. What a week that was.

Anyway, I better quit before I start getting too serious.

Currently Reading: The Blade Itself, by Joe Abercrombie
Currently Playing: Scrabble and Boggle, mostly
Latest Movies/TV: Hellboy 2, Burn Notice, Colbert Report, 7 Wonders of the Industrial World
Latest Music: Patty Griffin, Keb Mo

2 comments:

havah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
havah said...

How many times do I have to tell you...your days are wildly interesting compared to mine. Stop beating yourself up. I haven't seen another living human being -- or dead one, thank the Lord -- since Sunday. So be happy :D

Glad to see you got your playlist up. See...you didn't even mention that! ;)

If you're stuck tomorrow...pick a line from a movie and go with it. But, personally, I think it's nice to look inside your day. Would be nice to look inside your thoughts and feelings too. But, hey...I am a girl...that's what we do. ;)